CMST& 101 Introduction to Communication • 5 Cr.
Explores effective communication in one-to-one, small group, and one-to-many settings. Students analyze their communication skills and practice techniques to become more effective. Format includes public speaking experience.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- After completing this class, students should be able to:
- • Describe the elements of the process of communication.
- • Explain communication competence and identify your own personal strengths and areas of needed improvement in one-to-one, small group and one-to-many settings.
- • Assess language, nonverbal, and listening skills in a variety of settings.
- • Describe the elements of a supportive group communication climate.
- • Describe effective decision-making and problem solving approaches in a group setting.
- • Present a well-researched, organized, audience-appropriate speech.