CMST 146 News Staff • 3 Cr.
Continues CMST 141 with further skills development and practical applications. Students typically complete major reporting assignments each quarter. Requires additional time outside of class. Prerequisite: CMST 141 or ENGL& 101.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the journalistic process.
- Gather data via multiple sources and evaluate the credibility of sources.
- Write coherent stories.
- Refine punctuation, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills to achieve error-free text.
- Apply Associated Press (AP) style guidelines.
- Describe news ethics, interview methods and audience awareness.
- Analyze professional journalistic writing.
- Cooperate as a professional team to meet deadlines.
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)