CMST 260 Art of Cinematography & Lighting • 5 Cr.
Covers the aesthetics of lighting to create mood, intensify drama and enhance the visual narrative.
Fee: $40 film use.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to use lighting to create specific settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how light can create mood and a sense of time.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of camera angles and how they influence the visual narrative.
- Demonstrate an understanding of camera placement and movement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how a cinematographer works in a production group.
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)