DANCE 151 Contemporary Dance I • 2 Cr.
Introduces basic technique and movement studies. Students gain flexibility and strength together with movement vocabulary. May be repeated for a maximum of 6 credits. Same as PE 151. Either DANCE 151 or PE 151 may be taken for credit, not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform a series of exercises to improve posture, balance and alignment, while working toward correct body placement and muscle reconditioning.
- Outline practical guidelines needed to improve personal dance stills.
- Display elements of physical fitness, range of motion, coordination and flexibility.
- Exhibit techniques that incorporate timing, phrasing and dynamics in dance movement.
- Improve stamina and balance.
- Perform choreography at regular tempo using correct counts.
- Perform dance sequences by being secure enough in the basic movement, technique and rhythm.