DANCE 201 Dance Ensemble I • V1-5 Cr.
Emphasizes dance as a performing art form. Students learn in various settings, including a company class, formal and informal improvisation, and solo or small group work. Course may be repeated for a maximum of 15 credits. Prerequisite: Audition and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Exhibit skill in all areas of advanced technique, and audition ability.
- Execute more difficult choreography with proper placement, phrasing, accents and style, while incorporating the use of time, space and dynamics in a dance performance.
- Adapt to a number of choreographic styles with confidence and coordination.
- Display a feeling of artistic expression through the use of projection.
- Construct a dance variation, which could be developed into choreography for a group.
- Audition for professional, local and out-of-state choreographersthe team effort required to reach the goal of a good performance.