DANCE 202 Dance Ensemble II • V1-5 Cr.
Continues DANCE 201, with emphasis on rehearsing for specific dance works. Students with appropriate experience and ability get an introduction to choreography. Course may be repeated for a maximum of 15 credits. Prerequisite: DANCE 201 and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Attend classes, auditions and rehearsals in preparation for the Spring performance.
- Maintain a high level of commitment, and participate in Dance 201 Dance Ensemble
- Exhibit skill in all areas of advanced technique, and audition ability.
- Execute more difficult choreography with proper placement, phrasing, accents and style, while incorporating the use of time, space and dynamics in a dance performance.
- Adapt to a number of choreographic styles with confidence and coordination.
- Display a feeling of artistic expression through the use of projection.
- Construct a dance variation, which could be developed into choreography for a group.
- Audition for professional, local and out-of-state choreographersthe team effort required to reach the goal of a good performance.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)