DANCE 203 Dance Ensemble III • V1-5 Cr.
Continues DANCE 202, with emphasis on performance. Students gain technical and performing skills and experience in dance concert production. Course may be repeated for a maximum of 15 credits. Prerequisite: DANCE 202 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Exhibit professionalism, focus and strong commitment while continuing to rehearse and prepare for company performances
- Demonstrate proper theater etiquette while in spacing, technical, lighting, dress rehearsals and while interacting with the director, guest artists and theater crew
- Display proper performance etiquette during all company performances
- Perform choreography, illustrating all the elements of technique, dynamics, style and self-expression
- Analyze and understand the production elements that contribute to a successful dance performance Identify and analyze the success of each performance through a self-reflection process and by receiving post performance feedback from the director, guest artists and theater crew