DBA 232 Database Administration • 5 Cr.
Develops the concepts and skills required to perform the duties of Database Administrator (DBA) in organizations using large relational databases. Students develop coherent plans for security, disaster recovery, backup and restore, replication and other administrative functions, including the creation and use of SQL scripts to automate administrative tasks. Prerequisite: DBA 130 with a C- or better. Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or ENGL 092 or 093 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Correctly describe the Sql Server architecture
- Plan for a Sql Server installation
- Successfully configure Sql Server and manage files and databases
- Choose the appropriate security scheme for a business situation
- Successfully configure security and permissions
- Develop a plan for backup of production databases
- Successfully backup and restore a database
- Develop a disaster recovery plan ro production databases
- Develop a standards policy for implementation of a database develop a policy for documentation of databases
- Use database management tools to import, export and transform data monitor and maintain server performance
- Successfully replicate a database.
- Successfully export objects or data from a relational database to a file or other application