DBA 232 Database Administration • 5 Cr.
Develops the concepts and skills required to perform the duties of Database Administrator (DBA) in organizations using large relational databases. Students develop coherent plans for security, disaster recovery, backup and restore, replication and other administrative functions, including the creation and use of SQL scripts to automate administrative tasks. Prerequisite: DBA 130 with a C- or better. Placement by assessment into ENGL& 101 or ENGL 092 or 093 with a C- or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the SQL Server architecture.
- Evaluate an installation plan to install SQL Server, and its related services.
- Configure related components and manage files and databases.
- Select the appropriate security scheme for a business situation and configure security and permissions.
- Develop a backup plan for production databases.
- Use industry best practice to establish database policy and documentation.
- Monitor and maintain SQL Server performance.
- Explain the role of disaster recovery and high availability.
- Spring 2015 (current quarter)