DBA 233 Advanced Database Administration • 5 Cr.
Provides students with advanced concepts and hands-on practice in database administration. Topics include: creating and managing indexes, multi-user issues (locks, data integrity), replication, data warehousing, data analysis services, advanced Data Transformation Services, full text search and English query. Prerequisite: DBA 232 with a C- or better or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define the role of indexes in optimizing database performance (clustered, non-clustered and columnstore)
- Use advanced options to maintain SQL Server Identify and resolve concurrency problems by analyzing troubleshooting data
- Describe and evaluate disaster recovery plans
- Describe and evaluate high availability plans
- Use SQL Server for data analysis and reporting