DMA 152 Audio & Recording for Digital Media • 5 Cr.
Introduces basic audio for use in video and interactive media applications. Topics include basic sound characteristics, microphones, single and multi-track recording techniques, and sound reinforcement and enhancement. Students work on a production team to complete audio productions. Recommended prerequisite or concurrent enrollment: DMA 100.
Fee: $57.50 computer use & $13.50 Vista.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use proper microphone techniques and recording devices to acquire audio for interviews or other purposes.
- Identify the basic types of microphones and their pickup patterns.
- Use audio editing tools efficiently to remove background noise and other interference in an audio recording.
- Edit audio to tell a short story using non-verbal audio sources.
- Describe the steps for designing audio for digital media.
- Plan, create and edit sound design for a movie.
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)