DMA 215 Graphics II • 5 Cr.
Further exploration of practices and processes for producing digital images, diagrams, illustrations, textures, and other 2D graphics. Students will further develop their skills for generating graphics for use in a variety of media. Prerequisite: DMA 214 at BC with a C- or better, or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe specific historical, contemporary, and emergent graphics commonly created in a commercial design environment.
- Describe and employ an economical, sustainable, and ethical work-flow to produce advanced graphic projects.
- Create a targeted group of graphic assets using multiple tools and procedures.
- Create variations of targeted compositions and techniques for visual effect.
- Demonstrate ability to create and manipulate unique letterforms.
- Explain and demonstrate advanced compositing and its relation to targeted graphics.
- Demonstrate ability to create advanced graphics for specific projects in related classes.
- Process advanced graphic assets for various work environments and delivery modes.