DMA 258 Video Studio Production • 5 Cr.
Continues DMA 108 in a video production studio setting. Students learn studio production planning, lighting, and audio along with basic video engineering. Students practice all crew positions, including floor director, camera operator, lighting technician, audio technician, technical director, and program director. Prerequisite: DMA 108 at BC with a C- or better, or instructor permission.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use studio video production equipment, including cameras, switcher, production intercom system, character generator, audio systems and lighting.
- Identify and use studio related terms and vocabulary correctly within the studio production environment.
- Set up and use lighting and audio equipment for studio productions.
- Function effectively in the roles of crew member, producer and director for scripted and non-scripted multi-camera studio productions.
- Spring 2017 (current quarter)