DRMA& 101 Introduction to the Theatre • 5 Cr.
Explores the theatre experience from a variety of perspectives, including the audience, the playwright, the actor, the designer, and the director. Attendance required at one on campus performance.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand and analyze the relationship between culture and theatre.
- Identify a process of analyzing theatre to become a more critical audience member.
- Analyze the script, directorial concept, design elements, and acting styles of a variety of plays.
- Describe the process in which a play goes from "page to stage," becoming a fully produced organism.
- Evaluate theatre as a potentilal lifelong interest as an audience member, or professoinal or amateur theatre artist.
- Identify and analyze the objectives of theatre including education, entertainment and enlightenment.
- Understand and experience the group process that leads to theatrical collaboration.