DRMA 151 Basic Acting Fundamentals • 5 Cr.
Introduces the basic techniques and tools used by the actor. Moving from improvisation to scene work, students learn warm ups, theatre games, vocal physical and emotional awareness, listening skills, and beginning textual analysis using objectives, obstacles and tactics.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Know a variety of warm ups for rehearsal, performance, presentation or interview.
- Maintain concentration on stage.
- Identify a character's objective and obstacle.
- Apply knowledge of acting technique to a monologue.
- Analyze the job of the actor.
- Comprehend the emotional, physical and vocal tools availabe for further study in acting.