DRMA 151 Basic Acting Fundamentals • 5 Cr.
Introduces the basic techniques and tools used by the actor. Moving from improvisation to scene work, students learn warm ups, theatre games, vocal physical and emotional awareness, listening skills, and beginning textual analysis using objectives, obstacles and tactics.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform a variety of warm ups for rehearsal, performance, presentation or interview.
- Maintain concentration on stage.
- Identify a character's objective and obstacle.
- Apply acting technique to a monologue.
- Explain the functions and importance of the emotional, physical and vocal tools available for further study in acting.
- Employ some of the emotional, physical and vocal tools of acting to improve a performance.