DRMA 155 Improvisation • 3 Cr.
Games, exercise and warm ups are used to build the skills needed in individual and group improvisations. Practical application emphasizes team building and the basic structure and format of a comic sketch.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Perform a variety of warm ups for rehearsal, performance, presentation and group building.
- Identify and perform the various forms of improv.
- Analyze the steps of creation of an improv piece and a sketch comedy routine.
- Analyze the steps necessary to build a group that will improvise together.
- Present a short solo improvised routine with confidence.
- Assess the importance of listening, giving and "just saying yes" while in duo or group improv.
- Use contemporary culture and politics to generate sketch comedy.
- Apply the above to a short group improvised scene.