DRMA 159 Basic Acting Movement • 3 Cr.
Concentrates on tuning the actor?s body. Students gain fluidity, flexibility, and strength as they use their bodies to create character and define space. Students practice dramatic situations incorporating character work and strenuous physical activity. Same as PE 159. Either DRMA 159 or PE 159 may be taken for credit, not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Employ physical group dynamics.
- Create a character physically.
- Develop and demonstrate a physical warm-up.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that trust plays in physical performance.
- Apply knowledge of spatial relationships within a physical space or a group.
- Perform movement using strengthened body mechanics.
- Use physicality to create narrative