DRMA 210 Scene Technology • 4 Cr.
Presents theories and techniques of set and property construction and painting. Intensive lecture/lab format. Prerequisite: Concurrent enrollment in DRMA 290.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify the four types of theatre space, and describe the stage systems found there, with emphasis on the differences between them.
- Describe the historic practice and evolution of Stage Technologies.
- Lay out a production schedule from design through concept to opening night, including activities of all production team and the theatre shop.
- Accurately produce scenery and properties from design and technical drawings.
- Operate with introductory proficiency scene shop tools used in carpentry, welding and painting.
- Identify rigging techniques.
- Apply paint and texture to scenery.
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)