DRMA 251 Acting Contemporary Scene Study • 5 Cr.
Acting training based on preparation of scene work in the context of the entire play. Students rehearse and perform scenes chosen from contemporary theater plays. A variety of acting methods are studied. Prerequisite: Permission of instructor and/or audition.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Understand how to analyze a contemporary script for beats and objectives.
- Have the tools to analyse and research a play and role.
- Tell the story using your body, voice, eyes …
- Begin to find their personal power as a performer.
- Simply tell the truth on stage.
- Relate to their scene partner spontaneously and honestly.
- Develop good rehearsal and performance skills.