DRMA 252 Advanced Acting: Classical Scene Study • 5 Cr.
Examines scenes from Classical Greek and Roman theater. Students rehearse and perform selected scenes in class. Prerequisite: DRMA 251.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- This is the second qurater of the acting series for the advanced student actor.
- Understand, interpret and analyze a script, scene and role in order to take that character from the printed page to the theatrical stage.
- Work on the ability to intellectually confront a script with the tools of research, analysis and conceptual thinking.
- Work on your knowledge of your character’s objective as the center of the acting process.
- Work on the capacity to imagine within the given circumstances of the script as well as beyond them.
- Work on the physicality needed to render and project a character physically varied from their own.
- They will also work on the physicality needed to keep healthy in an atmosphere of intense physical, mental and emotional work.
- Learn to honor both interpretation as well as creation.
- Focus on the art and craft of solo performance.