DRMA 256 Shakespearean Scene Study • 3 Cr.
Introduces the student actor to the plays of William Shakespeare. Modern acting practices are combined with various specific techniques of interpreting and applying Shakespeare's language to the stage. Recommended: DRMA 251.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze text to create role and maintain character.
- Use modern acting technique to create character, pursue objective and maintain onstage relationship.
- Use a variety of warm ups for rehearsal and performance of a Shakespearean play.
- In performance, deliver Shakespearean language for modern audiences.
- In performance, speak Shakespearean language confidently.