DRMA 281 Studio Theater II • V1-5 Cr.
All students are cast in the Studio Theater Production. Students analyze, prepare, rehearse and perform a play. Students also participate in cast leadership responsibilities. Provides practical experience in rehearsal and performance. May be repeated for a maximum of 10 credits. Prerequisite: DRMA 280 and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze a specific play.
- Lead a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- Explain the relationship between the written word of the drama and the finished production of a play.
- Work positively with a director, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.
- Fall 2014 (current quarter)