DRMA 281 Studio Theater II • V1-5 Cr.
All students are cast in the Studio Theater Production. Students analyze, prepare, rehearse and perform a play. Students also participate in cast leadership responsibilities. Provides practical experience in rehearsal and performance. May be repeated for a maximum of 10 credits. Prerequisite: DRMA 280 and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and apply a process of dramatic analysis to a specific play or musical.
- Perform and lead a variety of experiential vehicles designed to enhance character development and cast unity.
- Study the creative process and apply it to the development of a character that will be portrayed in the production.
- Identify dramatic metaphor present in the script and integrate into movement and dialogue on stage.
- Discuss the presence and influence of the developmental stages of theatre production.
- Identify and apply the behaviors necessary to work responsibly and collaboratively with a director, designers, and other actors.