DRMA 284 Musical Theatre Performance I • 5 Cr.
Offers in-depth analysis of, and performance opportunity in, a musical theatre production. All students are cast in the musical. Lecture/lab format. May be repeated for a maximum of 30 credits. Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Learning Outcomes: (At the end of this course, students will be able to…)
- 1. Identify a process of analyzing a specific musical.
- 2. Know a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- 3. Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- 4. Understand the processes that are needed to create character with words, songs, music and dance.
- 5. Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- 6. Identify the connection between the words and music and the finished production of a play.
- 7. Work positively with a director, musical director, choreographer, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.