DRMA 284 Musical Theatre Performance I • 5 Cr.
Offers in-depth analysis of, and performance opportunity in, a musical theatre production. All students are cast in the musical. Lecture/lab format. May be repeated for a maximum of 30 credits. Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze a specific musical.
- Perform a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- Explain the relationship between the written word of the drama and the finished production of a play.
- Work positively with a director, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.
- Winter 2015 (current quarter)