DRMA 285 Musical Theatre Performance II • V1-5 Cr.
All students cast in the musical cover in-depth analysis of, and performance in the musical theatre production. Lecture/lab format. May be repeated for a maximum of 30 credits. Required for students cast in musical production. Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify a process of analyzing a specific musical.
- Know a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- Understand the processes that are needed to create character with words, songs, music and dance.
- Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- Identify the connection between the words and music and the finished production of a play.
- Work positively with a director, musical director, choreographer, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.
- Lead warm ups, rehearsal sections and pre performance rituals.