DRMA 285 Musical Theatre Performance II • V1-5 Cr.
All students cast in the musical cover in-depth analysis of, and performance in the musical theatre production. Lecture/lab format. May be repeated for a maximum of 30 credits. Required for students cast in musical production. Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze a specific musical.
- Lead a variety of warm up and rehearsal exercises.
- Create a character and execute a successful rehearsal process.
- Perform a role a number of times before an audience.
- Explain the relationship between the written word of the drama and the finished production of a play.
- Work positively with a director, designers and other actors to responsibly and collaboratively create a unified production.
- Winter 2017 (current quarter)