DUTEC 102 Practical Aspects of Sonography • 3 Cr.
This course will introduce the student to the principles of Diagnostic Medical Sonography, scanning techniques, image critique, image identification; patient care and preparation as related to the sonography exam. Introduction to the operation of diagnostic ultrasound equipment and routine scanning protocols will provide a foundation for future scanning courses. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Learning Objectives
- Student will be able to:
- 1. Display an understanding of the various scan planes employed in sonography
- 2. Explain the need for and use of scanning protocols
- 3. Describe what structures are located within specific scan planes
- 4. Integrate Cross sectional anatomy and ultrasound images
- 5. Scan and recognize body anatomy in the laboratory
- 6. Use sonographic terminology to describe and identify organs
- 7. Employ the components of good body mechanics/ ergonomics in the lab