DUTEC 105 Pathophysiology I • 3 Cr.
Introduces pathogenesis: the sequence of events in the development of a disease. Students focus on pathological conditions affecting the abdomen and identifiable with diagnostic imaging techniques. An extensive review of normal physiology is also presented. Prerequisite: BIOL& 241 (prev BIOL 260) and BIOL& 242 and acceptance into the program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define terms used to describe pathologic states of the abdomen.
- Identify various pathologic conditions and lesions of the abdomen.
- Correlate the physiologic changes associated with various pathologic conditions of the abdomen.
- Obtain a thorough clinical history from a patient or referring physician.
- Identify other testing procedures used for the diagnosis of disease.
- Fall 2014 (current quarter)