DUTEC 113 Pathophysiology IV • 3 Cr.
Continues Pathophysiology III, emphasizing the physiology and the pathology of the cardiovascular and cerebral vascular system. Prerequisite: DUTEC 105, and DUTEC 106 and DUTEC 112 and acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define terms used to describe the pathologic states of the cardiac and peripheral vascular system
- Define the hemodynamics of blood flow measurements including: cardiac output, pressure, shunt detection, and stenotic.valve and vessel areas.
- Evaluate cardiac and vascular function including: ventricular volume, mass, and ejection fraction, systolic and diastolic function, and vascular resistance.
- Define terms used to describe electrophysiologic assessment of the cardiac and nervous system
- Summer 2014 (current quarter)