DUTEC 130 Small Parts with Vasculature Sonography • 3 Cr.
Presents the anatomy and pathophysiology of small human body parts. Intraoperative scanning focuses on surgical procedures. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Define appropriate measures to set up and maintain a sterile field when working in the operating room or in other sterile procedures.
- Articulate and recognize the normal anatomy of the small parts organs and vasculature listed in the course outline.
- Define the pathologic conditions associated with small parts and related vascular sonography.
- Identify necessary exam technique and protocol to evaluate abnormality in small parts sonography.
- Assess their own postural alignment while scanning, and make necessary corrections to obtain ergonomically correct positioning.
- Write an academically appropriate paper on the anatomy, physiology, pathology, and scanning technique of any small parts ultrasound examination covered in the course material.
- Fall 2016 (current quarter)