DUTEC 135 Ultrasound Equipment I • 3 Cr.
Introduces knobology and annotation for state-of-art diagnostic ultrasound equipment and prepares student for hands-on live scanning. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
Prerequisite: Acceptance into the program or permission of program chair. Fee: $129.50 combination equipment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe the different hardware parts of an ultrasound system.
- Identify and describe the different sofware applications in an ultrasound system.
- Demonstrate exam appropriate labeling technique.
- Demonstrate measurements of anatomical structures by use of electronic calipers.
- Demonstrate use of Doppler, M-Mode, Color Doppler and Power Angio Doppler while performing live imaging.
- Winter 2014 (current quarter)