DUTEC 160 Vascular Ultrasound Technology • 3 Cr.
Presents current theory and scanning techniques for medical sonographers. Students learn Doppler techniques used to diagnose peripheral vascular and cerebral vascular disease. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify by name and relative position, all vascular vessels and structures pertinent to the clinical non-invasive vascular studies and protocols covered in this course including: intracranial and extracranial cerebrovascular, upper and lower extremity arterial and venous, and abdominal arterial and venous studies.
- Describe basic protocols and disease criteria for all of the different clnical studies covered in this course (see above).
- Identify basic pathology as relates to the different clinical studies covered in this course.
- Describe hemodynamics as they relate to the vasculature, anatomy, pathology and interventional procedures.
- Identify and quantify vascular disease via clinical case studies.