DUTEC 165 General Ultrasound Lab III • 3 Cr.
Provides hands-on ultrasound scanning experience in the student's clinical specialty area. Competency is required before beginning the clinical practicum. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Discuss exam documentation protocols.
- Identify and describe pathology and list differential diagnoses.
- Describe the information obtained in a patient history and explain its importance.
- Describe various positioning techniques and how they affect image quality and diagnostic information.
- Discuss the role of the diagnostic sonographer, the radiologist/sonologist and the referring physician in diagnostic patient care.
- Summer 2016 (current quarter)