DUTEC 180 Advanced Studies: General Ultrasound • 3 Cr.
Examines issues relating to the clinical practicum in abdominal and obstetrics/gynecology. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe the standard ultrasound imaging protocol for the high risk obstetrical scan.
- Identify, using ultrasound images, the normal and most common abnormal sonographic features of an obstetrical ultrasound to include:
- • Placenta
- • Congenital/genetic anomalies
- • Growth abnormalities
- • Amniotic fluid
- • Viability
- • Multiple gestation
- • Fetal monitoring
- • Maternal factors
- • Postpartum
- • Fetal therapy
- Describe and correlate etiology, clinical signs and symptoms, other diagnostic tests and sequelae of disease for an obstetrical ultrasound.
- Identify and describe common imaging pitfalls and artifacts for the high risk obstetrical scan.