DUTEC 190 Pediatric Echocardiography • 3 Cr.
This course continues the basic echocardiography started in DUTEC 125. Students focus Doppler measurements and calculations, M-mode and two-dimensional imaging in conjunction with the targeted obstetric exam and fetal interventions with congenital heart disease. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of program chair.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Describe and explain cardiovascular physiology as appropriate to the patient or fetus with congenital heart disease.
- Discuss and describe cardiac pathology, pathophysiology, and hemodynamics in different types of cardiac disease as appropriate in the fetus or patient with congenital heart disease
- Compare and contrast the indications, utility, limitations and technical procedures for related echocardiographic studies such as targeted obstetric exam and fetal interventions for congenital heart disease.
- Analyze the pediatric echocardiographic images and flow data using quantitation principles.
- Summer 2015 (current quarter)