DUTEC 210 Clinical Practicum I • 13 Cr.
Provides clinical experience in an ultrasound department under the supervision of a sonographer. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program and completion of all prerequisite coursework with a grade of C or better.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the procedures, follow attendance policies, and demonstrate professionalism.
- Know the daily functions of the ultrasound department they are assigned to.
- Keep a record of all exams in which they assisted in, or performed, by recording them in their clinical record log.
- Demonstrate what they have learned from clinical case study days.
- Use the proper clinical evaluation forms and clinical records have them completed, signed, returned, and maintained.
- Attend all in-service educational programs at your site conducted for the technical staff.
- Demonstrate a professional, cooperative demeanor at all times.
- Demonstrate that you have become gradually more independent and by the fourth quarter are able to perform studies on patients without direct or personal supervision
- Fall 2014 (current quarter)