ECED& 120 Practicum-Nurturing Relationships • 2 Cr.
In an early learning setting apply best practice for engaging nurturing relationships with children. Focus on keeping children healthy and safe while promoting growth and development. Format includes laboratory participation.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate practices that ensure and maintain the health, safety, and nutrition of children.
- Establish supportive relationships with children; guide them as individuals and as part of a group.
- Serve children and families in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate cultural competence and responsiveness within and across cultures; creating an inclusive, welcoming, and respectful environment where all children, youth, and families can take pride in their cultural identities, beliefs, and practices.
- Fall 2013 (current quarter)