ELIUP 032 Grammar Level I • 4.5 Cr.
Introduction to and practice of sentence structure, question patterns, verb tenses, and parts of speech. Course is linked with ELIUP 031. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify parts of speech and explain their functions in simple English sentences
- Use simple sentence patterns orally and in writing
- Subject, subject-verb
- Subject-verb, verb
- Subject, subject-verb, verb
- Use question patterns orally and in writing
- Demonstrate control of basic verb tenses—simple present, past, future, present progressive