ELIUP 072 Reading V • 4.5 Cr.
Course emphasizes academic reading skills. Assigned reading includes a variety of lengths, styles, and levels of difficulty. Course is linked with ELIUP 071. Prerequisite: Acceptance to the ELI program.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Reading Component
- Increase reading speed and ocmprehension
- Identify main ideas in readings of a variety of lengths, styles, and levels of difficulty
- Identify a writer's point of view through analysis of tone and content
- Identify a witer's method of organization
- Identify a writer's coherence signals
- Respond critically both orally and in writing to readings
- Take complete and accurate notes from readings and discussions