ENGL 093 ELL Introductory College Reading and Writing II • 5 Cr.
This course is tailored to the skills and needs of English language learners (ELL) who require more practice with essay reading, writing and editing before taking English 101. Students improve English skills through writing assignments based on college-level readings. Prerequisite: Placement by assessment.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Use all stages of the writing process effectively
- Identify the needs of their audience
- Produce a substantive topic
- Create a unified, coherent, and well-developed piece of writing which consistently follows appropriate conventions of Standard English
- Use a variety of purposes for essay construction, such as analysis, exposition, and/or persuasion.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize some strengths and weaknesses in their own writing, based on specified criteria.