ENGL 210 Introduction to European Literature • 5 Cr.
Examines selected fiction, drama, or poetry from European cultures. Content varies. Recommended: ENGL& 101 placement or higher.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased level of comfort with the various genres of literature
- Demonstrate an awareness of European history and the varying view of its culture as reflected in the literature
- Read complex literature with insight
- Identify major themes and ideas
- Recognize how style relates to content in various writers’ works
- Apply the analytical process to literary works
- Apply writing skills to analyzing literature
- Enjoy European literature