ENGL 254 Writing Creative Non-fiction II • 5 Cr.
Continuation of ENGL 253. Prerequisite: ENGL 253 with a C- or better, or entry code.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Identify distinguishing characteristics of creative non-fiction
- Control sentence structure, length and word choice to create a particular mood, tone and narrative persona
- Identify subjective and objective perspectives in creative non-fiction
- Apply literary devices to personal experience to develop a theme
- Apply literary devices to personal experiences/perspectives to create narrative veracity
- Explore subjects and theme using variations of subjective and objective perspective
- Critique, revise and edit works in progress