FRCH 133 Language & Culture Immersion-Adv 1st Year French • 5 Cr.
Allows student with working knowledge of elementary French using past, present & future tenses in basic social situations (pre-intermediaire) the opportunity to expand and improve spoken and written skills. Continues FRNCH 122. Students experience complete immersion into a 100% French-speaking on-site environment. Portfolio evaluation required to receive credit. Prerequisite: Placement by approved host institution and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Show progress in review and reinforcement of overall speaking and writing skills;
- Show in speech and by short writings improved use of vocabulary to describe, relate, argue, compare and convince;
- Ue the conditional and subjunctive; give opinions; express cause and effect relationships; express regret, desire, imagination; give advice;
- Rport news events, return something to a store, try to resolve a crime;
- Cmment on a film or popular songs; write, read or comment on short poems; etc.
- A demonstrated by submitting a portfolio to BCC for final evaluation which will include:
- Ajournal, written in French, of all activities on a daily, bi-weekly, or other regular basis;
- Anotebook of daily class activities including periodic evaluation results and written work;
- Vification of attendance and final evaluation of host institution, submitted separately to BCC by approved host institution;
- Results of exit interview conducted in French by BCC instructor.