FS 119 Live Fire Control • 2.5 Cr.
Offers live-fire training for emergency responders, covering Class A (common combustibles) and Class B (flammable liquid) fires. Students practice using special techniques and equipment. Requires lab performance for all students.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- The student will learn and demonstrate methods of controlling flammable liquid fires alone and as a member of a team.
- The student will demonstrate the control of flammable liquid fires using a variety of extinguishing agents and methods of application.
- The student will describe fire behavior including ignition temperature, flame spread, radiant heat, etc. and how it differs from fires involving common combustibles.
- The student will demonstrate extinguishing flammable liquid fires on a wide variety of differing props and situations including fuel loading docks, overturned tankers, pressurized discharge, etc.
- The student will learn the basic properties of liquefied petroleum gas in relation to fire behavior. The student will describe tactical control of LPG fires and how it differs form fires involving flammable liquids and common combustibles.
- The student will demonstrate control of fires involving LPG storage tanks, overhead piping, impinging jets, etc.