FS 130 Investigative Interview Techniques • 2 Cr.
Introduces the basic interview techniques used during criminal investigations. Students practice techniques for developing elements of a complete case report and for interviewing criminal suspects and witnesses. Prerequisite: FS 120 or permission of advisor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Idenfity state and federal laws that address interviews.
- Recall relevant questions for conducting criminal interviews
- Demonstrate knowledge in recognizing truthful and untruthful responses to interview questions
- Identify the verbal and non-verbal indications of lies and the signs associated with readiness to confess.
- Describe the interview process.