FS 210 Incident Management Multicompany Operations • 3 Cr.
Studies emergency incident management at the fire company level. Topics include basic command structure and components, incident safety, personnel accountability, and application of management processes to a variety of emergency situations.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recall knowledge of fire behavior and combustion, chemistry of fire.
- Recall basic of building construction and their relationship to fire behavior and combustion.
- Recall all components of the ICS system and their interrelationship during an incident.
- Given varying complex scenarios, the student will set up an ICS, call for appropriate resources and bring the scenario to a mitigated or controlled conclusion.
- Identify major outcomes that need to be addressed during multi-alarm fires.
- Articulate components of a unified command structure and how each position interrelates.