FS 237 Fire Protection Systems II • 3 Cr.
Analyzes fire protection and detection systems, focusing on advanced concepts in fire sprinkler systems. Format includes classroom discussion and practical sprinkler demonstrations. Prerequisite: FS 137 or permission of advisor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Recall all major fire suppression systems and how they function during a fire.
- Identify advanced design systems for sprinkler systems, water supply and storage.
- Describe the components involving retrofit options for sprinkler systems, and trade-offs.
- Articulate the importance of pre-fire planning.
- Recall major components of sprinkler system testing, regular maintaince and record keeping.
- Identify fast response suppression systems, draft curtains and smoke, heat venting systems.
- Identify systems in low, medium, and high hazard occupancies.