GERM& 123 German III • 5 Cr.
Continues GERM& 122. Prerequisite: GERM& 122 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate listening ability by answering comprehension questions in writing both in English and in the target language after listening to an oral presentation, or hearing oral questions
- Demonstrate speaking ability in the target language by responding correctly during a prompted dialogue and creating original oral dialogues through role plays and monologues
- Demonstrate reading comprehension by answering comprehension questions orally and in writing after reading a passage in the target language, make educated guesses, by using cognates and context, about the meaning of a passage.
- Demonstrate writing ability in the target language by creating grammatically correct sentences, short descriptive paragraphs, short stories or short plays, and writing summary sentences from readings.
- Produce appropriate vocabulary in target language (create and understand short descriptive sentences with adjectives using hypothectical language (subjunctive).
- Demonstrate knowledge of parts of speech (to show vocabulary recognition, to classify verbs, decline nouns, describe nouns, and identify cognates, show noun-adjective and noun-verb agreement, recognize and apply the nominative, dative, genitive and accusative case).
- Recognize meaning (use vocabulary in context, accurately translate on exams and quizzes and in class)
- Spring 2015 (current quarter)