HCTM 375 Healthcare Informaics Project Management • 5 Cr.
Examines project management theory and practice with emphasis on project management in healthcare IT settings. Students will evaluate tools used to develop and manage healthcare IT projects and select appropriate tools for developing a project based on a case study. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Proposed Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of project managers in healthcare IT
- Describe the key complexities in healthcare that make application of traditional project management techniques difficult
- Compare and contrast different project management methodologies used in healthcare IT – Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Software Engineering Body of Knowledge (SWEBOK)
- Evaluate examples of successful and unsuccessful healthcare IT projects and identify key problem areas
- Develop a healthcare IT project plan following appropriate steps