HCTM 475 HCTM Field Studies • 4 Cr.
This course provides students with the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the healthcare environment through industry internship or practicum. Prerequisite: HCTM 365 or permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate professional behavior in healthcare informatics or healthcare management work setting.
- Describe components of ethical practice in a healthcare work environment.
- Document activities and experiences in healthcare informatics or healthcare management work setting.
- Present proposed individual career pathway.
- Apply concepts learned throughout courses taken to real world workplace situations.
- Engage in professional activities as directed by field studies site and/or professional mentor.
- Defend decisions related to content and format of professional portfolio.