HCTM 485 Healthcare Informatics Capstone • 4 Cr.
The capstone project course is the culmination of the Health Information Technology BAS program and demonstrates to faculty a student's mastery of the curriculum, general education skills and core competencies in the healthcare informatics field. Students, working in small groups, complete a comprehensive project selected at beginning of course. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate factual and conceptual knowledge acquired from HCTM required courses through focused research or scholarly paper
- Illustrate progress through HCTM program through presentation of final portfolio
- Develop and implement a project plan using appropriate methods and tools
- Evaluate accuracy and validity of healthcare informatics/healthcare IT information
- Research information using a range of resources, including peer-reviewed literature and other valid and reliable sources
- Identify and recruit subject matter experts and interact with experts in a professional and efficient manner
- Critique current events in healthcare informatics/healthcare IT through bi-weekly discussion forums
- Debate issues in healthcare informatics using a constructive approach