HCTM 485 Healthcare IT Capstone • 5 Cr.
The capstone project course is the culmination of the Health Information Technology BAS program and demonstrates to faculty a student's mastery of the curriculum, general education skills and core competencies in the healthcare informatics field. Students, working in small groups, complete a comprehensive project selected at beginning of course. Prerequisite: Acceptance into program and permission of instructor.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Integrate skills and knowledge acquired from different courses and experiences.
- Develop and implement a project plan following appropriate methods and tools.
- Present information in an effective format and debate issues with audience using a constructive approach.
- Research information using a range of resources, including literature and periodicals, expert interviews, and existing case studies.
- Assess validity and relevance of information, and analyze in the context of project goals and outcomes.
- Evaluate, develop and apply effective methods to manage project milestones and timelines.
- Develop an effective report and present it before an audience commensurate with the scope and complexity of the project.
- Identify and recruit subject matter experts who will add valuable contribution to the project, and interact with the experts in a professional and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate an in-depth and integrated understanding of the complexity of the issues and processes that apply to health IT projects in specific healthcare settings through the quality of the project process, findings and presentation