HIST 120 Global History • 5 Cr.
Surveys comparative global history, focusing on the relationships between cultures. Students investigate global developments in religion, law, and technology as well as the rise and fall of empires and cultures. May be used as social science or humanities credit, not both, at BC. Same as INTST 204. Either HIST 120 or INTST 204 may be taken for credit, not both.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and critically evaluate primary and secondary sources.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze the origins, influences and contributions of major world civilizations, cultures, and religions.
- Identify and assess the causes and consequences of the major economic, social, political, religious, and cultural developments in world history.
- Fall 2015 (current quarter)