HIST 250 U.S. Military History • 5 Cr.
An overview of the major wars fought by the U.S. and the political and strategic issues influencing the national response. May be used as a social science or humanities credit, not both, at BC.
After completing this class, students should be able to:
- Analyze and critically evaluate primary and secondary sources.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Recognize and identify the major conflicts the U.S. military has been involved in and their influence on the military and its personnel.
- Analyze the influence of social, cultural, political, and technological factors on the U.S. military’s development.
- Evaluate the causes and consequences of the major developments in the relationship between the military and civilian government.
- Spring 2016 (current quarter)